- Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR): For subscription-based startups, MRR tracks the total predictable revenue that a company can expect every month.
- Churn Rate: Measures the percentage of customers or subscribers who stop using your product or service over a certain time frame.
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC): Calculates the average cost your startup incurs to acquire a new customer.
- Lifetime Value of a Customer (LTV): Estimates the total revenue a business can expect from a single customer throughout their relationship.
- LTV:CAC Ratio: Compares the lifetime value of a customer to the cost of acquiring them. A ratio greater than 3:1 is often considered healthy.
- Burn Rate: Indicates how much money you are spending each month more than you’re bringing in. It’s crucial to know how long you can run your business with your current funds.
- Runway: Tells you how many months you can operate before running out of money, given your current burn rate.
- Customer Support Tickets: The number of support tickets or customer complaints can offer insights into product/service improvements.
Growth & Engagement Metrics
- Daily Active Users (DAU) / Monthly Active Users (MAU): For platforms and apps, these metrics show how many users are actively engaging with your product on a daily or monthly basis.
- Net Promoter Score (NPS): Gauges customer satisfaction and loyalty by asking customers how likely they are to recommend your product or service to others.
- Customer Retention Rate: Measures the percentage of customers you manage to retain over a specified period.
- Activation Rate: Represents the percentage of users taking a specific action (e.g., signing up, making a purchase) that indicates they find value in your product.
Marketing and Sales Metrics
- Lead Conversion Rate: Assesses the efficiency of your sales funnel by determining the percentage of leads that turn into paying customers.
- Traffic Sources: Identifies which marketing channels are driving the most traffic to your website.
- Email Open and Click-through Rates: Measures the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns.
- Feature Adoption Rate: Shows how many users are using a particular feature of your product.
- Product Usage: Measures how often and to what extent customers use your product.
- Bug and Issue Tracking: Monitors the number and severity of product issues reported.